You will probably find the Dykes project surprising, and personally, it is one of our favorites. The structure of the building was already characterized by a modern and innovative design, so, we did was to change the internal elements of the structure so that the shape was consistent with the style.
You should know that this property was in an abandoned condition, so we had to makeover the siding and other exterior elements to recover its functionality. We also applied the principles of functional design to improve the layout of the spaces and thus we achieved an impeccable finish in all the rooms.
The finishes in the remodeling of the Dykes project were totally surprising. We focused on taking advantage of the physical structure of the property and added the necessary functional elements such as the garage, the kitchen layout, and the overall interior design. These are the general details of the building:
- Plastering, painting, and siding of the facade.
- Construction of a back deck with a wooden fence.
- Enclosure of the back door of the kitchen to make better use of the space.
- Construction and assembly of custom cabinets and countertops in the kitchen.
- We added columns to the necessary structures for a contemporary finish.
- Installation of backsplashes in the kitchen.
- Painting of all internal walls and ceilings of the property.
- Re-glazing of all windows and glass doors.
- Replacement of complete windows with half-wall windows.
The Dyke’s project is a very spacious property, which has all the elements necessary for us to convert it into a beautiful large, and ready to live in space. Taking advantage of its style intention, we added hardwood floors and cream, grayscale and light-toned colors to give a sense of overall comfort and warmth.
A beautiful and safe garage
The initial structure did not have a garage. However, we saw the opportunity to build one on the side of the house, so we designed it from the inside out, incorporated a motorized door, and paved the space so that the owner could easily store his vehicles.
In this, we generated a large garage space where two large vehicles can easily fit, in addition to generating an entrance to the property from inside the kitchen.
Comfortable and functional kitchen
We designed the kitchen to respond to the style of the house. We generated a spacious place in the kitchen, with a wider and more contemporary design that we complemented with high-quality and ready-to-use appliances.
We had custom cabinets installed, as well as countertops that we custom fabricated to fit the appliances. We installed two ovens, a two-door refrigerator, and a dishwasher.