Interior Paint | Home Remodeling | Avatar Contractors
The interior paint is typically a part of the equation when it comes to major home makeovers. Giving your walls and ceiling a new color is a simple way to make a drastic change to any structure. To accomplish this goal you should explore interior paint ideas.
The new painting interior walls also covers up any imperfections, stains and blemishes that may have accumulated over the years.
Of course, when it comes to paint, there is a lot more to consider than simply choosing a color. The new paint will cover up any imperfections, stains or blemishes that have accumulated over the years so you should be able to turn to a reliable painting service.
First, you will have the choice between water and oil-based paints so it’s important that you know the difference and the advantages of both. Water-based paints have quicker drying times and less distinctive stroke marks. Oil-based paints, on the other hand, are more durable and also better options for walls that have been previously painted using oil paint. This is an important detail because water-based paint applied over oil-based paint may cause the undercoating to peel beneath the new paint.
There is also the matter of choosing a paint finish. Some of the choices include the following:
• Matte – This is also known as a flat finish and is a simple finish that does not reflect light; great for covering small bumps and cracks.
• Egg Shell – As the name implies, this is a finish that resembles the very low sheen of an eggshell.
• Satin – This finish has a smooth and velvety look with a pinch of gloss.
• Semi-Gloss – This finish emits a nice shine without being too glitzy; it is a popular option for doors and cabinets.
• Glossy – This is a finish with a notable reflective quality and mimics the appearance of plastic or enamel.
At Avatar Contractor, we provide interior and exterior painting for residential and commercial properties. We will use the right paint and finish of your choice or we can recommend one for home or building that will apply the final touches needed for a glamorous makeover.
If you have a remodeling project but need help with your budget, don’t hesitate to contact us. Just complete a no-obligation estimate request form or contact us by email or call us at 770-776-6218.
No project is too big or too small!
Click here for more details about our home improvement financing options.